So what are they all talking about?
The Home Hub delivers and distributes data, phone, video, audio and TV signals using the latest in data and TV cables from a centrally located enclosure to specially configured wall outlets in any room of your choice.
Structured cabling using the Home Hub is preferably planned at the same time as your electrical wiring. The central enclosure is home to the devices that enable the delivery and distribution of these signals. An ideal location for the central enclosure is a garage or utility room. It is important to plan in which rooms you would like to access data, phone, video, audio and TV. This planning is important to you now and to future owners of your home because it adds flexibility and value.
The use of a room could change over time. A nursery now will become a teenager's bedroom, and possibly a study or home office in the future. In order to access or share these signals, cables along with wall outlets, containing standard data and TV entertainment points need to be installed.
What is Structured Wiring
Structured Wiring is a total home wiring system for communications, entertainment, security and control that works with the systems already in the home, anticipates technological advances and lays the groundwork for future home technology and smart home enhancements.
Components of a Home Structured Wiring System
- The Distribution Panel Usually located in garage of your home, the distribution panel does two things: 1) terminates all of the service provider services: telephone, DSL, Cable TV, Cable Modem to this central location within the house and 2) Distributes those signals to locations throughout the house. Audio/Video/ Camera sources from within your home can also be delivered to this central location for distribution throughout the house. Various active/passive modular units installed within the distribution panel allow for the distribution of the signal to locations throughout the house.
- High-performance Cabling Using Cat5/RG6 cables that can deliver performance you need today and in the future, cable runs are installed from the distribution panel to each location in the house where the signal is to distributed. Whether you are pre-wiring your new home, remodel wiring or a working on a do it yourself project, we have the right cables for your application.
- Multi-Media Outlets Convenient plug and play points throughout the house provide the multi-media outlets for telephone, digital audio, high-speed internet. Home wiring done using structured wiring principles and terminated via multi-media outlets in every room provide the infrastructure necessary to deploying current and future home technology.
Advantages of Structured Wiring
- Your home future-ready Imagine storing your entire music collection on a home computer and accessing it anywhere in your home. Imagine hanging a Flat-screen TV almost anywhere in the house. Imagine being able to see your child in his/her crib from a computer at work. Technology moves fast and provides solutions in ways that were previously unthinkable or impossible. Although it is very hard to completely future-proof your home, a wired home gets you future-ready.
- Convenience, Comfort & Security By distributing the internet, telephone, audio signals throughout the house, you can conveniently access the subscription based services where you need it, and block it for parental control. With a structured wiring solution in place, you can add home automation technology easily, allowing you to control various appliances from any where in the home and remotely via the Internet.
- Investing in your home A wired home is also easier to sell to prospective buyers.
For more information on Home Hub Systems,
and Smart Wiring, click here.